Improve Productivity with Poka Yoke Inspection
Written by: RNA Automation
RNA Carpet Gap Hider Poka Yoke Station – RNA designed and built a bespoke workstation, applying Poka-Yoke (also called mistake proofing) requirements to prevent the human errors that result in product defects.
The workstation was dedicated to apply the correct label to correct product (two types). The task required a high concentration from the worker, and was the cause of many errors, since two types of products are too similar to each other, both in size and in colour.
The Poka Yoke designed in the workstation consisted of a Poka Yoke clamp and a Poka Yoke vision sensor. If the product does not match the build requirements the clamps will remain locked and the HMI will request a supervisor to attend.
The Poka Yoke designed workstation helps workers to be ‘right first time’, enhancing the quality and overall output of the process.
RNA design and build customised workstations to suit the individual needs of our customers.
If you are interested in more details in RNA custom workstation please contact us(email@example.com).
Elements of the workstation
RNA Automation Ltd
Unit C Castle Bromwich Business Park Tameside Drive, Birmingham B35 7AG
T: +44 (0)121 749 2566
Fax: +44 (0)121 749 6217
- Centrifugal Feeder feeds and orientates Test Unit Body September 6, 2018
- Centrifugal Feeder orientates and feeds a range of Coin Blanks August 16, 2018
- How to Choose – Options for Part Presentation in Robotic Assembly July 31, 2018
- ROBO-FLEX P: Future Proof Precision Feeding of two different size parts using an Asycube 240 and an Adept SCARA robot July 31, 2018
- RNA’s Snowdon Challenge for Birmingham Children’s Hospital Charity July 31, 2018