What are Collaborative Robots (Cobots) and How Are They Used?
Written by: RNA Automation
If recent research is anything to go by, collaborative robots (cobots) are the workforce of the future.
Robots have been widely used in the manufacturing industry for many years to replace a human labour, however collaborative robots or ‘cobots’ are an entirely different ball game.
The definition of collaboration is the action of working with someone to produce something and cobots are designed with that in mind, working alongside other employees and not as a replacement to them.
Some operations and activities simply cannot be fully automated, however the process speed suffers if parts are being ferried backwards and forwards between workers on the assembly line from robots locked in cages.
Cobots could transform the way we work and manufacturers like Ford have already jumped on the cobot bandwagon…
Read original article (contributed by RNA associate)
RNA are a distributor of Universal Robots the market leader in this technology. Contact Matt Hallifax at MathewH@rna-uk.com
RNA Automation Ltd
Unit C Castle Bromwich Business Park Tameside Drive, Birmingham B35 7AG, UK
T: +44 (0)121 749 2566
Fax: +44 (0)121 749 6217
- Bowl Feeders Handle Threaded Inserts September 17, 2019
- Local MP Visits RNA July 31, 2019
- Leading Commercial bathroom and Sanitaryware manufacturer installs Robot Automated Punching System July 15, 2019
- New Production Site Opens in Remchingen July 12, 2019
- Charity fun day to honour the memory of David Newman July 12, 2019