FlexCube Series – Flexible 3-Axis Vibrator Feeders
How it works
Parts are spread homogeneously on the feeder surface and can even be systematically oriented in many cases by using intelligent vibration patterns in combination with a structured plate. Entire part families can thus be handled with a single feeder, making the system highly future-proof.
3-Axis Vibration Technology
- FlexCube 3-axis vibration technology allows moving parts freely on a platform in different directions.
- Using RNA’s intuitive HMI interface, the platform vibration parameters can be tuned specifically for an optimal part distribution and fastest resulting cycle time. A functioning part feeding recipe is typically created in less than 5 minutes
- Systematic part orientation can be achieved with intelligently structured platforms (grooves, holes, nests).
- Compatible with all part geometries: 99% of parts can be fed on the FlexCube feeders – including complex geometries and delicate materials
- Minimum production changeover times enable flexible, future-proof production systems
- Extremely gentle part handling due to 3-axis vibration technology : parts can be moved in all directions, including the optimal choice of flipping amplitude for each part. Minimal abrasion as parts do not need to be recirculated. Platform purge possible.
- Advanced reliability and durability due to State-of-the-Art Voice Coil Technology ; no compressed air
- Precise part detection thanks to integrated, adjustable backlight / optional RNA vision inspection system
- Systematic part orientation can be achieved with intelligently structured platforms (grooves, holes, nests)
- Easy configuration and installation through feeder control center software
- Simple system integration with numerous software communication plugins with the most popular robot brands.
- Simple Communication with all types of automation systems based on standard communication protocols TCP/IP, Modbus TCP
- Preconfigured fieldbus gateway/hardware adapter available for EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, PROFINET
RNA has developed a new, flexible feeding system FlexType P based on our 3-axis FlexCube vibration platform technology.
FlexType P offers you a pre-configured feeding system adapted to your parts that is based on our FlexCube vibration platform with hopper, parts recirculation and camera system.
RNA also offers dual systems, as illustrated, with two platforms operating independently in parallel. Models with hopper, quick emptying system and parts recirculation for short changeover times are optionally available.
Learn more about RNA FlexType P.
Features & Benefits
- One or two independent vibrtation platforms; A central robot
- Integrated hopper- and platform purge options
- Minimal production changeover times
- Easily integrated with all major brands of industrial robots
- All components are controlled using a Beckhoff PLC featuring an an intuitive HMI interface.
Size of vibratory platform:
254 x 325 mm; ~380 mm diagonal
10 x 12.8 in; ~14.96 in diagonal
Feeder size (L x W x H):
499 x 257 x 307 mm
19.6 x 10.1 x 12.1 in
- FlexCube 380 Datasheet
The upcoming URCap will provide a user-friendly interface enabling a fast, seamless and hassle-free integration of any FlexCube/Asycube robotic flexible parts feeder in conjunction with any Universal Robot.
- Direct connection between all the feeder range (FlexCube 50, 80 240 and 530) and the UR controller
- Select the best suited vibration set for the parts you would like to feed
- Use pre-configured program nodes to vibrate the feeder in different directions or to activate the integrated backlight directly from the robot program
- Easily adapt the sample codes provided with the URCap for your specific application
Need more information? Drop us a line
For more information on any of our products please get in touch using the form below. One of our sales team will respond to your enquiry as soon as possible.