Robotic Packaging System Packs Filler Caps
Written by: Ying Zhang
RNA developed an automated robotic packaging system for packaging 2 different types of filler caps. The system utilises a machine mounted Nachi MZ07L robot with a bespoke gripper system to suit the filler cap and the corrugated interleafs.
To begin the cycle, the filler caps are transferred from the pad printer out-feed conveyor and orientated and queued up ready for the robot to pick and place. The robot cell picks a filler cap when a signal is received from the end of the conveyor system saying one is ready. The robot palletises the caps in the box to a standard pattern. When the box is complete the operator removes the box and replenish with a new box and four interleafs. The cycle then repeats.
The robotic packaging system has a two-position loading area for the box and corrugated interleaf sheets, which is an operator managed area. The operator loads the box and four interleafs onto the shuttle table and then slide the draw into the machine.
A bespoke pneumatic gripper is machined to match and profile of both the filler cap and interleaf.
- Nachi MZ07L Robot complete with controller and teach pendant
- Robot gripper system to suit the filler cap & interleaf
- Sliding shuttle station to suit the box and interleaf
- Conveyor system and location tooling
Robotic system, Robot programming, Machine building and integration, Machine and process control, Pick & place, PLC control, Project management
RNA Automation Ltd
Hayward Industrial Park, Tameside Drive Castle Bromwich Birmingham, UK, B35 7BT
T: +44 (0)121 749 2566
Fax: +44 (0)121 749 6217
- The 10K Birmingham GreatRun May 16, 2018
- RNA Newsletter April Issue 2018 April 25, 2018
- We’re moving in May 2018 April 23, 2018
- Robotic Parts Feeding System Handles Swiss Watches’ Most Delicate Parts April 20, 2018
- New Generation of Control Units: RNA Smart Control April 10, 2018