- Provide a flexible system that can suit 3 sizes of flip cap: a. Ø24mm x 26mm tall; b.
- Ø28mm x 24mm tall; c. Ø28mm x 30mm tall
- Provide quick and easy changeover between batch runs
- No damage to the component parts.
- Must be capable of operating at a rate of 90 components per minute
RNA designed and developed an in-line cap closing system complete with vibratory bowl feeder and PLC control. The bowl feeder feeds and orientates components all one way via a conveyor to the closing system. The end of the conveyor is fitted with a counter and stop cylinder.
The closing system operates in 2 stages: pre-close and final close. It is envisaged that the mechanism closes 10 caps at a time – more efficient and reliable than a conventional system
does. Closed caps are discharged from the end of the conveyor for collection by the customer’s equipment. The closing system checks for unclosed caps, and these are discharged via a reject chute.
Changeover between components is accommodated via interchangeable tooling to fixed positions within the bowl, and with quick release fasteners on the conveyor and cap closer.