Robot System for Automatic Screw Shear & Bung Assembly
Written by: RNA Automation
The world’s leading manufacturer of electricity meters approached RNA to design and developed a robot assembly system for automatic screw shear and bung assembly. Working alongside our customer, RNA have developed an automatic robot system to shear and dispose of the screw heads for both an existing smart meter housing and a new type smart meter housing and additionally assemble the square and round bungs to the new type meter on a test and print system.
The robot assembly system is mounted after the laser printing station. The screw heads are sheared using an air operated driver with a compliant head mounted on a small 6 axis Nachi robot. The sheared heads are removed by the robot using vacuum and deposited into a chute as waste.
The square and round plastic bungs for the new type meter are fed using individual bowl feeders to dead nests. The robot assembles the bung into the appropriate slot on the meter housing. Additional plunger mechanisms are included to ensure the bungs are fully assembled into position.
- Nachi MZ04 Robot
- Robot mounted air operated screwdriver with compliant head
- Robot mounted vacuum head
- Square bung bowl feeder with linear track and dead nest
- Round bung bowl feeder with linear track and dead nest
- Waste screw head chute
- Control system
Learn More About Our Robotic Systems >
RNA Automation Ltd
Unit C Castle Bromwich Business Park Tameside Drive, Birmingham B35 7AG, UK
T: +44 (0)121 749 2566
Fax: +44 (0)121 749 6217
- Automated Clipping & Welding System for Automotive Parts November 15, 2018
- Watch Our New Corporate Video October 30, 2018
- Take a Virtual Tour and Visit RNA Online October 23, 2018
- RNA troubleshooting page for vibratory feeding systems October 18, 2018
- Bowl Feeder for Washer October 5, 2018