RNA at Motek 2017: Show Review
Written by: RNA Automation
The recent Motek show in Stuarttgart proved to be very successful for the RNA Group. Together with our partner Asyril SA, Rhein-Nadel Automation GmbH presented the ROBO-FLEX P flexible feeding and assembly cell, demonstrating how a continuous, fixed-tact assembly system can be realized without the need for a buffer using two Asycube platforms in parallel.
The two modular systems feature integrated hopper- and platform purge options, allowing for quick part changeover. All components are controlled using a Beckhoff PLC featuring an intuitive HMI interface.
ROBO-FLEX C was another system in display attracting stand visitors. The patented catamaran design carries the sorting tracks with two linear drives attached in parallel, allowing a high volume of components parts to be picked up correctly by a robot.
Also on the stand was RNA’s newly introduced screw bowl feeder – RNA Twister. The special feature of the new RNA Twister is the height-adjustable sorting ring, which allows quick and easy changes to the bowl depending on the size of the screw. This allows large ranges in sizes of screw to be fed in the same bowl and future proofs for further additions to the process. This standardized feeding system is suitable for screws and rivets in various sizes and has a feeding rate of up to 550 parts per minute.
RNA Automation Ltd
Unit C Castle Bromwich Business Park Tameside Drive, Birmingham B35 7AG
T: +44 (0)121 749 2566
Fax: +44 (0)121 749 6217
- Centrifugal Feeder feeds and orientates Test Unit Body September 6, 2018
- Centrifugal Feeder orientates and feeds a range of Coin Blanks August 16, 2018
- How to Choose – Options for Part Presentation in Robotic Assembly July 31, 2018
- ROBO-FLEX P: Future Proof Precision Feeding of two different size parts using an Asycube 240 and an Adept SCARA robot July 31, 2018
- RNA’s Snowdon Challenge for Birmingham Children’s Hospital Charity July 31, 2018